1. Be patient.
2. Take photographs before making temporary repairs.
3. Do not begin permanent repairs until you have talked with your insurance
4. Use local licensed contractors.
5. Take down the drivers license and vehicle number of any contractor.
6. Insist on proof of liability and workmen’s compensation insurance.
7. Always obtain three bids.
8. Do not pay or make a large down payment before work has begun. If necessary,
offer to put money in ESCROW at the bank.
9. Insist on a written contract that spells out what repairs are to be done, price and
10. Do not accept completion and make final payments until the job has been completed to your satisfaction.